Thursday, July 23, 2009

7


Alright, if you don't want a read a post full of bitterness and spite, I suggest you stop here.
Media has made us all so heartbreakingly romantic. It makes us believe that if we love hard enough, things will work out. But if I've learned anything at all from all the falling head over heels I've been doing these past few years, I've learned Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet are kinda hard to find. I've learned the hard way that Romeo will probably choose the respect of his psycho parents instead of climbing up to Juliet's balcony. I've learned that Prince Charming will probably end up being some insecure boy who puts you down to pull himself up. I've learned that chances are, he actually belongs with her and not with you, but he'll tell you he loves you anyways. I've learned that airport scenes only exist in movies. Telling him you love him probably will not keep him from flying away on that plane. And you start realizing that deep down inside, the person you've loved all your life is probably the one person in this world that you will never get. I always get angry and fustrataed with Chuck Bass. I think the reason I always feel like screaming at him, "Why can't you just stay with her?" is I know that's reality. Also, movies and dramas always fail to mention the God-aspect of things. A good friend once told me, "If God wants something to happen, He'll make it happen. We shouldn't have to go out of our way to do it ourselves." Trust me when I say that when God says, "No," He'll make sure it's a " No." In case you haven't noticed, he's pretty darn powerful. I think it's time for me to start listening to Him instead of running off and getting into things that really aren't worth it. He saves the best for last yenno? Because in the end... Even Blair Waldorf gets her "knight in shining armor."
On another note, this is from the So You Think You Can Dance Episode last night:


1 comment:

phideliaa said...

Aww Sweetie, I know exactly how you're feeling.
Every word you've written I know is true. But then there's always this small part of us that hopes that we'll have that special, fairy-tale, movie moment. Well, that's just me. And I know it's stupid to think it'll ever happen, but I just can't help it. I get frustrated with Chuck too.
As Blair Waldorf once cleverly said, "I guess fairy tales end when they do for a reason..."

Love always, Fidelia