Wednesday, August 12, 2009

32

(Yes Jancy, that is you.)
Dear Cable Guy,
This morning, I woke up at 5 AM to study for my provincial. Yet, I still forgave my alarm for waking me up at such an ungodly hour because I was able to wake up to the soothing voice of Michael Buble. (He's like a modern-day Chet Baker. It's great.) The weather was not too hot, and not too cold. In otherwords, perfect for running. So I ran. And it was great. My dog peed exactly when I commanded her to so I didn't have to stand outside staring at her for 20 minutes like I usually have to every morning. And it was great. By the time I cracked open my textbook, I realized that it was nice outside; nice enough to read out on the roof. So I did. The sun was shining, the skies were blue and there were birds chirping, not the annoying ones, the ones that make you go, "Well... Isn't this great?" Even though I was pounding facts about Canadian government into my head, I was still feeling sublime. Because I woke up so early, I was able to take my sweet time in the shower and getting ready. It's great when that happens.
I think it's safe to say I was having a relevantly great morning.
Now, here's the part where it doesn't get so pretty.
So I sat down with my breakfast (which by the way, is my favourite meal of the day) infront of the TV to get my daily dose of The Weekenders. No matter how badly my morning goes, Tino, Tish, Lor and Carver always make it better. To my surprise, we have no Family channel. You see, Cable Guy, the reason why I'm so confused about this is that we haven't changed our cable plan. We never have, except to take out our movie channels a few months ago because nobody actually watches it. Now I have to wait until my parents get back from camping to be able to watch all the shows that make me feel like a kid again.
Thank you for ruining a perfectly great morning.
Because you have taken away my childhood joys, I'm going to let karma deal with you. I have felt her wrath before and buddy, it's cold. I swear, a bird will poop in your hotdog, you will somehow find yourself face first in a fountain or one day... You'll just drop dead. Good luck.
Sincerely,
Rebekah Ho
;
Anyways. On the topic of the Family Channel, I found this on http://www.mylifeisaverage.com/ and it made me laugh. (If you've never heard of it, go visit it. It's like FML except better. Well, maybe not better, but it's just as good.) :
Today, as I was trying to fall asleep, I heard a bump in the middle of the night. I quickly turned on my TV to Disney Channel, because the thought of being murdered while watching Hannah Montana was too absurd to ever happen. I am convinced I saved my own life. MLIA

1 comment:

jsizzle said...

LOLOL
oh this is just my dad. i todl him to read your blog.