Monday, September 07, 2009

60

Every year brings something different, but it's always a radical experience. Despite the early morning hill-hiking, lack of sleep and sickness, this year was no exception. I guess this year was a bit disappointing for a lot of people for different reasons, but I think it's because we've outgrown going all, "OMG THIS IS SO NEW AND EXCITING." Actually, we're all starting to outgrow a lot of things. Anyways, let's take a skim through my Teens Camp journal of morning devos and after-rally reflections (courtesy of Jancy Hui's brilliance):
;
September 3, 2009
I have this awful premonition that God is going to slap me silly many many times this weekend. God is inconvenient, ("for US, ha.") but I guess that's the point.
September 4, 2009
During worship today, the thought "It has been way too long," refused to leave my mind. I would love to say a certain message or line of a song hit me hard, but no. It was just overwhelming. You know that feeling you get in your chest, and you get all choked up? Yeah, that's gonna be me all weekend. That's why I had a huge smile all over my face, Garfield-style. God is over-whelming. It makes me feel as if I have been so deprived. I have this habit of having an extremely cluttered mind. Camp is always great because it's a chance to clear all those spiderwebs. There's not a lot here to divert my focus. This is the first time in a while that I'm really trying to hear what God's trying to say to me. No excuses this time Bekah.
September 5, 2009
We should not define ourselves by our sense of style or humor, the friends we have and the things we can do. God defines us as His masterpieces. No, His perfect masterpieces. We cannot run away from that. God doesn't tell us what to do, He tells us what we were made to do. No matter how much we screw up and lose ourselves, we will always fit into God's definition. No matter how high or low we think of ourselves, we will always fit into God's definition. Even if we can't define ourselves on our own, we will always fit into God's definition.
I need to have more Hey-God-it's-just-you-and-me-so-I'm-just-gonna-lay-it-all-on-the-table moments. Relationship is commitment. I can't promise much except I'll take this one step at a time. 180s don't work. Josh singing Jordin Sparks affirmed that for me.
September 6, 2009
Relationships do not consister of "I will spend half an hour a day with you," or "I will read one chapter of your book." Devotions are useless unless they are carried throughout the day. Sometimes it takes a little less spirituality and a little more relationship and incorporation into life.
September 7, 2009
You make all things work together for my good.
Your love never fails.
;
There's another million things I want to write but let's just leave it at that for now.

3 comments:

synsia said...

oh how can we forget this year? <3

jsizzle said...

September 6, 2009
Relationships do not consister of "I will spend half an hour a day with you," or "I will read one chapter of your book." Devotions are useless unless they are carried throughout the day. Sometimes it takes a little less spirituality and a little more relationship and incorporation into life.

I needed to be reminded of this.

Christopher Tse said...

September 6 = money