Sunday, April 17, 2011

666



It's a funny story how I met Evelyn. I went to the doctor's office after my first day of school, and she was there with her aunt. Her aunt and my mom knew each other, so they started talking, and since my first impression of Evelyn was that she looked cute and friendly, I asked her what school she goes to.
E: Um, Surrey Christian.
R: Oh hey! Me too!
In the next 5 minutes, I found out that she just came from Hong Kong (to my surprise, because her English was ridiculously good), and we proceeded to exchange numbers. And from then on, it was set.

Before Evelyn came here from Hong Kong, my mom had told her parents that I would watch out for her, unknowingly that this would actually be true. My mom to me she had no idea that I would actually become so close with her and take care of her. But what she doesn't see is that sometimes, Evelyn takes care of me. I'm her shoulder to cry on, I drive her around and I make sure she understands everything, but she also teaches me how to cook, does my hair for me, and is always there, whenever, wherever.
See, this girl is amazing. It's so rare to see the new kid march up to people, with all the confidence a 15-year old girl can have, and introduce themselves. She says exactly what's on her mind, but at the same time, is probably the most kind-hearted person I have ever met. And although she still has room to grow, she deals with situations with more grace than I can.
I may be an only child, but I finally have a sister. And for this, I'm so grateful.

Things I Like:
#54.













Usually when a guy give me accessories, I'm like, "Cool..." and I wear it a couple times (maybe more if I like him), just so he won't say that I never wear it. But for real, this bracelet is one of the cutest things I've ever received. I'm actually going to wear it all the time, even though I don't really like the person who gave it to me (just kidding). I think it's safe to say that I'm always going to have a little piece of Africa with me.

1 comment:

estor said...

So true about Evelyn. Love that girl. So genuine and so rare.