Monday, May 09, 2011

683

“If you miss me, you can’t text, you can’t email, you can’t post it on my Facebook wall. If you really miss me, you come and see me."

I love this so much, because it's so true that technology has ruined romance. I'm definitely guilty of hiding behind a screen and retyping my words over and over till they sound right. I've analyzed every word and emoticon a boy's sent me, I've miscommunicated more times than I can count, and I have definitely happy-danced over a text that probably didn't mean as much as I thought it did. I think I'm missing out on flirting organically and letting people see that I do stutter and stumble over my words. I shouldn't be so obsessed with editing myself.
Abby and I were talking about our blogs and how, as much as we want to be honest, we do keep in mind who our audience is. I told her that even though I think a blog should be us in our rawest form, I have trouble keepin' it real sometimes. As an aspiring writer, I'd rather we working on this than fixing my grammar, punctuation and citation skills.
I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this, but it's just food for thought. I never really thought I was charming via text anyways.

PS: I tried to type this without editing it. It was so hard, but it made me realize how much I like to change the slightest details, even though nobody would notice them, and throw in the most minuscule things to make myself seem more articulate.

No comments: