Friday, June 03, 2011

704

Two days of passing on the torch, and I'm a whole lot less emotional than I expected to be.
My years in the Music Dep have passed by more quickly than I imagined, and I'm stuck in mid-reflection of how much the biggest part of my high school career has impacted me. My last final concert is over, and although I've had a momentary wave of sadness, it hasn't quite sunk it. I think it's because even though the experience is over, I still have yet to say my goodbyes to the people it has brought me. At the heart of the matter, it will be an unbearable ordeal that I really don't want to think about right now.
My days as president are coming to a close, and it's surprisingly more sweet than bitter, despite its central role in my last year. I've had my fair share of frustrations and gratifications, and, like Abby, I think I'm ready to be done.
I say, "I'm done" (and other renditions of the phrase) a lot these days, but those words ring empty every time. Maybe I'm in denial of the end that looms ahead, but regardless, things always hit late.
I'm satisfied though. We've had a good run.

No comments: