Wednesday, July 27, 2011

746

People are always surprised at how ridiculously excited I get when I go to the zoo, but I can't think of a better way to spend my day, admiring animals, eating cream and walking with friends. It's pure bliss.
Day here get better and better, despite the mini dramatics and small stresses. As everyone says, the things that don't matter will eventually blow over, but being me, I over-analyze and take things too personally. It's built into me, but I guess caring isn't a bad trait to have.
Sometimes I feel myself fading. And I worry, maybe because my so-called carefree summer days are filled with 10 o'clock curfews and midterms so I'm unable to get myself into a mellow mindset, but at the heart of it all, I'm happy. Tonight will be another night that I will crawl into bed, next to Amy, and tell her about how content I am.
I miss home more than I did before, but I know I'll miss this too.

No comments: