Thursday, August 25, 2011

760

People sometimes wear me out.
But are always worth it.
Unfortunately, I've come to realize that once school (life/reality/etc.) starts, I can't live like this anymore.
Eventually, I'm going to have to cut out the nonessential and face the fact that there's not enough effort in me to both keep myself sane and make everyone happy.

"Once Uncle Julian told me how the sculptor and painter Alberto Giacometti said that sometimes just to paint a head, you have to give up the whole figure. To paint a leaf, you have to sacrifice the whole landscape. It might seem like you're limiting yourself at first, but after a while you realize that having a quarter-of-an-inch of something, you have a better chance of holding on to a certain feeling of the universe than if you pretended to be doing the whole sky." - History of Love, Nicole Krauss

No comments: