Thursday, January 19, 2012

880





















My apologies for the empty blog lately, but don't you dare think that I haven't been writing.
I finally opened up a new journal for a reason I have always shuddered at the thought of - to make a mess and write things on an unspeakable level.
I hate to admit that I'm not much of a creative writer.
Okay, well creative writing is a bit of a broad term, so I'll narrow it down to what I'm learning about in class right now: literary fiction.
I don't like making stories up. My characters are always bland (probably because I never bother to get to know them deeply and emotionally). And my plot lines are beyond cliche.
I need boundaries. I need something to start on. I need something more than just my imagination alone.
So to help, I made this journal into idea book, because there's no point in me sitting here and brainstorming. Ideas come as you write, and that's what I've always loved about it.
Writing teaches you things.
I get it that not everyone is meant to write the next Harry Potter, but this is a good challenge for me.
This will be me putting the expository writer in the backseat and bringing up the creative writer.
The writer that's raw, uncensored, and inhibited.
.... And holy crap does this writer suck, but maybe (hopefully) she'll churn out something good! ... Eventually!

No comments: