Thursday, April 26, 2012

976

I kicked off my summer by grabbing dinner and a cold beer with a friend. And then I finally put my new journal to use by making a welcome page/summer to-do list!


















It's a summer project that I've been itching to start on, and it's not really a scrapbook, but also not really a written journal.. So it's an art journal! I find this a bit of a strange term since I've never taken myself to be a particularly great visual artist.
I may or may not use it to track what I do this summer, but I'm definitely going to use it to capture who I am at this point in my life. In other words, I want this to be something that can be shared, but this also might go on my shelf of hidden journals that are too personal to show anyone. Who knows where this could go.
It's really tempting for me to go to Michael's and buy a bunch of pretty paper and stickers to glam up my art journal, but I'm going to challenge myself to use whatever I have and can find, such as magazines, newspapers, my own drawing skills (HA!), and etc. It's going to get messy, and it's probably not going to look as clean-cut as I want it to be, but I already know that's part of the reason why I'm going to love it.
Anyways, here's to a productive summer!

(Speaking of productive, I should really be writing a cover letter right now instead of covering my hands in glue... Ahh! I'm feeling tingly again!)

No comments: