Tuesday, May 01, 2012

980





















Today my parents decided to take my relatives down to Seattle. It was actually my first time there, which is strange, because I've driven down to the States SO many times, yet nobody's ever taken me there. I loved it there, but the thing I hate about going with my family to places is that they are constantly in a rush to see EVERYTHING, so we were actually only in the city for about 2 hours... I mean, it was pretty impressive because we saw the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, and the first Starbucks in the world in those 2 hours, but I would honestly rather see less, and be able to take my time, snap some pictures and soak in the environment. As much as I like to be organized, I guess there is a side of me that doesn't want to be completely jam-pack my days, because there's no point in doing something if all you're thinking about is the next place you're gonna go.
I really wish I actually got to see more of Seattle, but Lee-Ann and I are planning to take a trip down to stay with Felicia this summer so I know I'll get the chance eventually!
Anyway, lately, I've barely gotten any downtime. Between my relatives coming from Hong Kong, Stacy and Lee-Ann coming back, and seeing friends, I pretty much haven't had any time to myself since summer started. But I mean, even though I wish I could finally take some time to finish that story I've been working on, visit the library, and continue on my art journal, I absolutely love it. I rode the seabus for the first time, ate out for pretty much every meal (SO MUCH GOOD FOOD), spent time with people I haven't seen in forever, celebrated my best friend's birthday, and did some shopping... But I'm seriously so worn out, and by the time this is over, I start work, which is going to be a completely new and different type of busy.
Not to mention, I CAN'T FREAKING SLEEP. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in about a week, because my aunt and uncle are staying in my room, so I've had to move next door.. Into my deceased grandmother's room. I'm usually pretty good with sleeping in unfamiliar places, because I'm used to it from travelling and band trips. Heck, I can fall asleep on the floor with a towel as a blanket when I'm tired enough. But even Tiff said that when she stayed in this room before, she couldn't sleep either. I don't know if it's 'cause the bed is too hard, or if it's really cold in here... OR BECAUSE IT'S JUST PLAIN CREEPY.
Seriously, the room is pretty much empty apart from the bed, a desk, and my grandmother's sewing machine. I wouldn't be surprised if the sewing machine turned on the middle of the night or I woke up in the morning with a plate of food and knitted scarf next to me... Okay, now I'm starting to freak myself out.
Well, I guess it's time for me to try to sleep again.. Goodnight.

No comments: