Friday, June 15, 2012

1021





















I finally finished a story that I've been working on for the past month. But not really, because I don't think it's anywhere close to being done in terms of editing and getting it to a stage that I would actually let people read it. But I think I'm just going to leave it in its raw form for now.
I kept promising myself that I would post more of my writing on my blog. As in, my writing writing. Like the secret poems I scribble, and the stories that I hate to admit that I write. Or even just when I get real and down to what my heart's been saying ('cause I know there hasn't been a lot of that going on here lately).
Actually, I have TONS of works in progresses saved as drafts in my post feed that I've started on but can never finish.
I guess that's why I've always taken to writing things out by hand, and why I buy more journals than I can fill.
I mean, I love typing things out. When it comes to venting or when I get in those moods where I have a million ideas, writing things out by hand gets frustrating because my thoughts come faster than I can get them down. But at the same time, the backspace is the death of me.
It's just different to write things out with paper and pen. Even if I cross things out or slick on a layer of white-out, what I write can never really be completely erased, so I just have to keep going. There's no time to backspace, rewrite or edit. I just have to keep going.
So maybe eventually, I'll get over myself and start posting more stories and stuff like that online. But for now, I'll just stick to hiding behind the pages of my journals.
Anyways, here is a playlist of what I've been listening to lately!

Playlist #6

Nothing special. Just a June playlist.




One Big Holiday - My Morning Jacket
Take a Walk - Passion Pit
When the Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
Shuffle - Bombay Bicycle Club
Happy Pills - Norah Jones
Animal Arithmetic - Jónsi
You Know What I Mean - Cults
Punching In A Dream - The Nake and Famous
Take Care - Beach House
No Power - Absofacto

No comments: