Thursday, August 30, 2012

1075


















You have given me much this summer.
You have given me mornings by the ocean, reading in the sunshine, and hiking through trees so tall that they covered the sky.
You have given me a lifetime of days spent at the beach, more sunsets than I can measure, and an endless amount of walks in the park.
You have given me the chance to explore all Vancouver has to offer.
You have given me two jobs. Both were challenging and wonderful in my their own ways. Both taught me a lot.
You have given me an eternal love for film and journaling, and a temporary love for long boarding and scrapbooking (both which I still enjoy, but have no been putting in the effort in doing). 
You have given me jam sessions, concerts, poetry slams, and a stack of CDs to call my Summer Playlist.
You have given me one trip to Seattle, two trips to Cedar Springs and one trip to Camp Latona. All of them were exactly what I needed.
You have given me BBQs, beluga friends, garden parties, Sea Wall air, and Granville Island adventures.
You have given me the opportunities to make new friends, reconnect with old friends, and reunite with friends from faraway places.
You have given me fresh fruit, new books, desserts, and pretty skirts.
You have given me goodbyes, and preparations for goodbyes.
You have given me lessons for my heart to soak in.
You have given me new discoveries, some that I hope to never experience again and some that I hope to call my regulars.
You have given me good food. Seriously. SO. MUCH. GOOD. FOOD.
You have given me a broken heart, and You have given me healing.
You have given me worst case scenarios, and You have given me forgiveness.
You have given me situations that I could never face without You on my side, and memories that I never dreamed of having.
You have given me things that I still cannot see the reason behind, and You have shed light on the things that I need to see the reasons behind.
You have given me bad news and disappointment, but hope. Always hope.
You have given me much this summer, both good and bad, and all I will take with a thankful heart.

No comments: