Tuesday, March 05, 2013

1137

I always daydream about what it would be like to live in my own place one day. And not just any place, but a place for me to settle, grow and build a life around. Here are a list of things that I think would be necessary for my future home:

- Many mugs and cups. Because I am a tea AND coffee person. And I love water. A lot of water. A person is supposed to drink 8 cups of water a day. I probably drink more than that.

- A million blankets. Because no heating system could ever reciprocate the feeling of being wrapped in a blanket. I would never have to fear the cold, and blanket forts would be highly encouraged.

- A piano. Because music is important, and I can't imagine living in a home without it. I don't play the piano anymore, but I hope I will one day again. And even if I don't, the piano bench is where I learned discipline. It's where I learned that in order to do anything well, you have to do pour hours into it, and I hope to always know that.

- Pressed flowers and holes in the walls. When I was young, I used to put everything I found inbetween the pages of my pictures books and then hang them around my room, so I hope my future home will have that too. And holes in the wall because I went to cover every inch of wall with pictures and memories.

- A brick wall. I like brick walls, because they have character and history. I don't want minimalism and white-washed walls. I want texture and warmth.

- Books and journals. I love to read and write, and I love going into homes where it seems like there is an overflowing amount of books; where books are shoved into every corner, in the kitchen cabinets, on the bathroom floor, and on every desk, table, and chair. I've already started building my own book collection, and I hope it will grow until it overflows into every room of my home.

- Photo albums. Because I still find value in shooting film, developing pictures, and having a tangible form of sentimentality. And as much as I love Instagram, that's not where I want to refer to all my memories.

No comments: