Monday, June 17, 2013

1197

Conversations:

"How do I act around someone who has hurt me?"
"You love him like he is my Son. You love him the way I love him."
"Wait, what does that even mean? How do I do that?"
"Well, forgiveness is a good place to start."
"How do I forgive like You forgive? What does that look like?"
"Forgiveness looks like the opposite of forgetting. It is remembering and loving anyways. It is holding heartache in one hand and holding trust in the other, both with open palms and unclenched fingertips."
"But what if I get hurt again?"
"You might."
"And you're okay with that?"
"I'm not. I hurt when you are hurting. I cry when you are crying. But know that I am the one that keeps you safe. That doesn't mean the darkness cannot touch you, but it does means that you have been made with light."

No comments: