A letter to myself I wish I received 2 months ago:
1. Just because he held your hand while you talked about your tattoos, listens to the playlists you make him over and over again, and makes you coffee in the morning does not make him your soulmate.
2. There is a big difference between someone who texts you at 3 AM and someone who texts you at 3 PM.
3. For every one thing he does right, you are going to forgive him for five things he does wrong. You do not need to do the math to know that you should not have to settle for someone who would not fight tooth and nail to keep you.
4. His eyes are not champagne. His arms are not a home. His lips do not taste like sunrises and cherry pie. Instead, you will go home smelling like cigarettes and it will take you days to wash him out of your hair.
5. You do not have to wait till the expiration date to throw something out. If it makes you sick, get rid of it. If it sits in the cupboard and continues to rot, do not hope for things to get better.
6. I am sorry he took away something important from you. But he cannot take away your worth. He cannot take away your voice. He cannot take away what you believe love should look like. He is not Medusa, who turns hearts to stone at the blink of an eye. Be soft. Be warm. Be real, human flesh. Do not let anyone take that away from you.