Saturday, April 23, 2011

669

"Why not? It's summer!"
.. But not for me yet.
I think I'm permanent vacation mode anyways though..

Things I Like:
#55.





















Victoria is such a beautiful city. My girls and I decided to explore the downtown area during our free time, and it's pretty much a gigantic Gastown, but less expensive. It's all little boutiques, hipsters and clock towers, and so chill that everything closes at 6 (which only happens on Sundays and holidays here). It's such a quiet and quaint place, with its side-streets, parliament buildings and ocean view, and no matter where you go, there's always a group of university students wandering about. Perhaps I'll be joining them come September (don't hate me Chris).
















a) I had to hit up the Bryan's in Victoria. I've been heartbroken since the one in Guildford closed.. But apparently there's one in Brentwood, which I've never heard about, because nobody ever goes there. Anyways, my middle school-self would probably hate me for buying something so frilly and pink, but I've been loving pastel colours lately, and I like the layered texture of this shirt.
b) One of the things that gives Victoria its charm is all the privately-owned boutiques. I bought this scarf from Mermaid Moon, which is owned by two ladies who get all their inspiration for their designs from their travels to the Middle-East. I was iffy about buying it at first, because it was slightly over-priced, and I'm not a huge fan of the colour orange, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

No comments: