Saturday, June 25, 2011

726



















It still hasn't quite hit me that one of the best friends I've ever had is moving across the country in August.
God's blessed me with more years of friendship with her than I can count.
We've cried to together. We've laughed together. We've prayed together. We've worshiped together.
She taught me that you're never too cool to do anything.
I taught her that she wasn't cool to begin with (just kidding, she's beautiful, passionate and talented).
She's seen me pick more corn than I can handle.
I've seen her try to pick corn that wasn't ripe yet.
Ever since we were young, it was always us.
Before bros and before our one-year elders.
We're a 2-in-1 package deal.
We're weirder together, crazier together and better together.
Even as she walked across the stage today and stood before me with tears in her eyes, it still didn't hit me, or else I would've been crying along with her.
Maybe because I know she'll always come home.
Maybe because I know there won't be an end to our story.
But I mean it as earnestly as possible when I say I don't want her to go, because so far in my lifetime, I've spent more time with her than without her.
I don't know what I'm going to do when that changes.