Tuesday, December 13, 2011

855

Things I Like
#72.

My last final is tomorrow, but here are three things I want to share before I continue with my long day of Archaeology-cramming.

1. There's this guy named Pete Fecteau who makes artwork out of Rubik's Cubes. Seriously. WHAT THE HECK. I can't even solve one Rubik's Cube, but this guy has it to a tee.
















2. The Sandbar
















I always say that I could give up meat, but I could never give up seafood, so I was thrilled to go with Valerie last night to the Sandbar. It's located on Granville Island right under the bridge, so obviously it's a little more pricey but the view is quite nice. Their food is really fresh, especially their oysters, which you can order off their Daily Fresh Sheet. I had the Pan-Seared Scallops, and I'm pretty sure they were the best scallops I have ever had. I was really surprised they didn't skimp out on the scallops, because that's usually what most restaurants like that would do. The sauce was really buttery, in a good way, and it came with grated squash, which was super tasty. The Sandbar has that nighttime, low-light, romantic atmosphere and their chairs were more like comfy couches, so I wish that we weren't in a rush that day or else I would have liked to just kick back and hang out there for a little while longer.

3. Recipes to try this winter break:

There are a lot of things I would like to try this winter break. I'm trying not to be overly ambitious because my cooking skills consist of this:
















(Hyperbole and a Half anyone?)
But here are two things to start:





















Image courtesy of Good Good
Apple Chaider!
I had never tried homemade apple cider before last Christmas, and I'm hoping to find a good recipe and make some this break. That, with a Chai teabag thrown in sounds like the perfect way to warm up this winter season.

Also, I found this homemade Oreo recipe on Smitten Kitchen.















Yes, I know that mine will not turn out looking like that... But it's worth a try!

No comments: