Wednesday, April 04, 2012

946

Is it strange to be nostalgic over things that haven't happened? Or, more specifically, things that won't happen?
'Cause I have a handful of memories of the "could have"s, "would have"s and "should have"s with people I never see anymore in places we've never been doing things we will never do.
I wish I could play them on a movie screen for you. But a movie screen wouldn't be enough. There are things I can hear, smell, taste, and touch that I shouldn't be able to because those moments don't exist. There are little inflections in my heartbeat that I wish I could implant in yours that are nothing but memories of the future.
I'm not sure if I like it or not.
It's almost like saying that what could have been is better than what actually was.
Or maybe it's like saying that the "could be" is what's worth fighting for.
I can't decide whether it means keeping hope or losing it.

No comments: