Friday, April 13, 2012

962

3 albums that get me through the day:

1. El Camino - The Black Keys





















This is my go-to album whenever I run (I say that as if I exercise SO much.. But lately that's been true!), 'cause it always get me pumped, and it helps to pass the time. It's raw. It's distorted. It's rock. It will never disappoint. I mean, it's the frigging Black Keys, and I love it.

2. Ceremonials - Florence and the Machine





















Even though this is on my list, I'm actually not completely sure how much I like it. I mean, Florence Welch is absolutely phenomenal, but sometimes, it's too much. But I've been listening to this album a lot, because there's a lot in the lyrics that I can relate to and that I feel like I need to hear. Apparently, this album was inspired by a visit from her deceased grandmother... So I wonder what that says about me, haha.

3. Port of Marrow - The Shins





















Oh. My. Gosh. I freaking love this album inside and out. It's pure gold. I never buy albums since I've grown up in a family of pirates.. But I'm probably going to end up buying this. Go listen to it. I can say no more.

No comments: