Wednesday, May 23, 2012

998

I am REALLY stoked to write this blog post because it's all about FOOD! Here's a few things that I've been enjoying lately:

Greek Yogurt

I've heard so many things about how greek yogurt is good for you, and how it's low-fat and so full of protein so I decided to buy some and experiment. Texture-wise, it's more thick, so I get why some people don't like it, but I found some pretty good combinations with it (like with fresh-cut mangoes in the picture above)! I found a few more recipes online that I want to try, so I'm probably going to buy more in the near future.

Avocados

I probably sound like a health food nut or something, because I'm listing all these "super foods," but seriously, this stuff is good. 
I can always count on eating well whenever I go to Abby's, and when I went last week, I definitely was not disappointed. We made sandwiches with sliced avocados, peppered smoked salmon, and goat cheese. It sounds like a weird mix, but all the flavour explosion in my mouth worked for me. Plus, Abby made some quesadillas and homemade guacamole later in the day, and as usual, it was amazing.

Caterpillar Roll from Sushi California





















I've had this roll twice in a week, and I think it's because of my renewed love for avocados. That, or I just really enjoy the novelty of the fact that the roll really does resemble a caterpillar. Either way, I go to Sushi California so often that it's not even funny, so this will probably become a staple to my diet.

Red Velvet Cupcake from Cupcakes















I LOVE red velvet cupcakes, because they always come with that phenomenal cream cheese icing. I've always thought that Cupcakes has been a little overpriced, but I also find that I never regret buying a cupcake as soon as I take my first bite. Their icing is always so thick and creamy, but it never gets too rich or sweet either. My mouth is watering just reliving the moment of eating this cupcake!

Nachos from Foundation















I've been dying to check out Foundation for their renown nachos, and also because I have a soft spot for vegetarian food. The place itself is pretty grubby, and the service is absolutely terrible, but if you like hipster things (seriously, glass jars as cups. You can't get more hipster than that) and vegetarian food, this is the place to go. Actually, even if you don't particularly like vegetarian food, I still say give this place a try. I don't know what it is, but these nachos were seriously the bomb. I can't wait to go back and try other things on their menu!

High Tea at Faubourg
















I haven't had high tea in forever, so I was really excited to try out this quaint French place on W41st. They also have a coffee shop attached, and I'm definitely going back for some of their pastries. I was a little bit disappointed that they didn't have a huge selection of teas, but nonetheless, it was still pretty good. And I say pretty good, because it wasn't the best I've had, but it was better than okay. Some of the finger sandwiches and desserts were seriously prime. And I could barely understand what our waiter was saying through his French accent, so you know it has to be legit. The coffee shop was bustling, but the afternoon tea section was pretty quiet, so it was relaxing to just sit for a while and chat with a few of the lovely ladies in my life.

But anyways, I'm going to tie up the post with the theme from tonight that somewhat relates to food:

"You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows" - Psalm 23:5

I guess this would be a reminder to myself that what God gives to me isn't just a table of food. He gives me a huge feast that is overflowing with a never-ending source of replenishment, especially when my heart aches like it does right now. He will just keep giving more and more, and He will never stop.

No comments: