Thursday, July 05, 2012

1036

Reasons why today was so wonderful:

1. I started off my morning by having a coffee interview with a French couple who started a website to promote "collaborative consumption" called Troc Exchange. Basically it encourages people to trade their items instead of throwing them out and creating more waste, and half of their revenue goes towards non-profit organizations. I don't know how to describe it, but sometimes people are so beautiful that it makes me want to cry. I admire their passion for change (and French accents) so much, and I didn't even notice when my tape recorder stopped, because I was so intent on listening to what they had to say. They were such appreciative and genuine people. Not to mention, their son is the absolute cutest thing in the world.

2. The sun is out! I spent my afternoon reading in the grass with Cookie, and napping in the sun. I finally finished the first book of Game of Thrones so I can start on my pile of books I picked up from my latest Value Village scavenge. And use the book mark I made at camp! And no, it's not ridiculous at all.





















3. One of the loveliest short films I have ever seen:



4. It's Mama Ho's birthday! I made her dinner, and we had cake with the rest of the fam jam. She's on a break from her chemo for an indefinite amount of time (hopefully it will be a while!), so I'm glad she didn't have to spend her birthday in bed. Seriously, PTL!

5. I'm leaving for 3D Camp tomorrow, so I've been trying to finish a last-minute article, and pack. It's been so crazy, because I came back from camp not even 3 days ago. I guess procrastination does pay off because I haven't exactly finished unpacking from Cedar Springs..

No comments: