Monday, January 13, 2014

1248

3 exciting things that happened yesterday:

1. Jill and I made an appointment at The Fall Tattooing for this Wednesday! It's official!!! We'll be celebrating our birthdays with just a little bit of ink.

2. I was told that people see a difference in me. I was told that there is more than just happiness in me but there is joy underneath it all and that I have dealt with the passing of my mother with more hope than they have ever witnessed before. I wanted to cry and tell them that was the best compliment I have ever received, but more than that, I wanted to say to them, "I promise you that there is hope that triumphs even death. One day, I hope it will change you the way it changed me."

3. My father told me that he wanted to take a trip with me this reading break. It was the first time I had ever heard the words come out of his mouth: "Let's do something, just you and me." The idea of things being just him and me has been so daunting, because it had always been my mom and I, or him and my mom, or the three of us, but never just him and me. But I know there are good things waiting to happen there, and Jesus is saying to us, "Let me show you where I have already planted seeds."

No comments: