Tuesday, November 29, 2011

844

Last night, my cousins and I attended another Food Society event at Seasons in the Park for this year's fine dining round. I've heard about this restaurant quite a bit. After all, it's located in one of Vancouver's landmarks, Queen Elizabeth Park.
The restaurant's best asset is probably its ambiance. Seasons has that whole classy, romantic vibe going on with dimmed lights and candles, and their prime location over-looking all of Vancouver helps a bit too.

































I had their Penne Puttanesca, which was decent, but I don't think I would get it again. But their Grilled Sirloin Steak, at least from the few bites I taste tested off someone else's plate, was freaking delicious. The chef probably emphasized that it was Certified Angus Beef about 5 times when he was introducing the meal, and I don't know what that is, but whatever it is, it's wonderful.
When in doubt, always go for the steak.
Their Sunburned Lemon Pie was probably my favourite out of the entire meal. I mean, dessert is always my favourite part of a meal, but still. It was like creme brulee in pie form. Sometimes lemon desserts are a bit too tart, but this was light with a smooth texture and the glazed surface was perfection.
All in all, it was a good, but I felt like I was paying more for the experience than the food itself.

No comments: